Medical Wizard would like to assure our valued clients, that we will continue to serve you as best as we can, during this difficult time period as COVID-19 is causing major disruptions across the globe.
We would like to provide you with details of the efforts we are making to help you to minimise disruption to your patient care process, and some new initiatives we are taking to assist you in helping to adjust to the changing business environment due to COVID-19.
No changes to our support services
- Health and Safety of our clients and our staff are paramount to Medical Wizard
- Our working hours and support phone numbers (including after hour support lines) remain unchanged
- Some of our staff are now working from home
- All staff are connected through our internal phone system regardless of whether they work at the office or at home
- Due to various internet connections speeds and hardware infrastructure at individual homes, there may be a variation in the call quality
- Staff working from home will not directly access your systems
- All remote logins and connections to your systems are done via our office computers to ensure the security and safety of your systems
We have released an update program to automatically add the new telehealth Items to your Medical Wizard system:
- To assist you to immediately make use of the new telehealth item numbers we have worked through the weekend and released an update on Monday the 17th to automatically add telehealth items and fees
- Please let us know if you have any difficulties in running this update, and/or if you have any questions in relation to this
Technical advice on how to adjust your business processes to the rapidly changing business environment
Over the past week and a half, we have assisted many of our clients in relation to the challenges they are facing in the current business environment. While this is not part of our normal support services, we are pleased to provide assist our clients during this difficult time. We are able to provide you with:
- Assistance and advice in relation to working from home by doctors and receptionists
- Assistance to implement mass communications to patients and referring doctors to inform them about the changes that are taking place
- Help in relation to use of online services to implement telehealth consultations with patients
- Please feel free to contact us if you need help in these areas and we are happy to help you
In addition to the above, we are able to provide you with the following additional services if you require:
- At short notice, we are able to host your Medical Wizard system and data on the cloud so that you can access Medical Wizard from home and/or your personal office without having to worry about maintaining your server infrastructure in your premises. This way Medical Wizard can be run even on low-end machines as the heavy work will be done on the cloud server. All that is required is a stable internet connection
- We can set up a generic patient portal to enable your patients to update and submit their demographic details and clinical data online. The data submitted by patients online will be imported in to relevant fields in Medical Wizard. This enables you to get access to accurate patient information and patient clinical history with minimal effort from you
- Patients can request appointments online via the Patient Portal 24/7, thus saving time on having to call to book appointments, which in turn helps you to manage your staff resources more effectively and efficiently
- You will be able to safely and securely communicate with your patients via the patient portal by providing relevant and specific documentation, instructions and information videos
- If you do not already utilise our SMS communication option, we can get this implemented at your site within 24 hours. This option allows you to communicate with your patient using SMS for appointment reminders and in many other aspects of patient care and follow up
We wish to assure you of our total commitment to assist you during this difficult period as best as we can.
Stay safe and take care.